At SEW NEW YORK we focus on developing your knowledge and skill of the construction of clothing. We believe sewing is a craft that is learned over time through experience, and by having someone give direction and guidance immediately when you need it.
EVERY SKILL LEVEL IS WELCOME
Beginner – never touched a sewing machine
Intermediate – know how to sew but want to learn more
Fashion students – working on a portfolio or currently in fashion school and need to learn sewing
At this time menswear is not available.
THE WAY IT WORKS AT SEW NEW YORK
Classes are semi-private with 1-3 students and are scheduled for 1hr 55 minutes.
- Email Laura@SewNY.com to find out more.
- You receive an email response with detailed information about classes.
- Book your intro class and pay a deposit. Every new student starts with a one-on-one introductory about fabrics, the garment district, the sewing machine, tools of the trade, discussion of the 1st project, receive a fun homework assignment and a skill level assessment.
- During your introductory class, you'll purchase the class package that is right for you.
- Every new student chooses a customized first project from the selection on the homepage.
- Attend weekly classes and work on your project.
- Get step-by-step direction and questions answered.
- Relax, focus and enjoy learning to sew.
- Stay on as long as you like, some students are here for a year or more to fully learn how to sew. I'm off to the beach in August, there are no classes, pick up where you left off come September. * If it’s August and you're trying to contact me for classes, feel free to email me and I’ll set you up for classes in September.
She was extremely responsive to my particular strengths and weakness and found a way to focus the lessons on the issues where I needed the most hands-on guidance and encouraged me to do the rest of the job at home.
THINGS YOU WILL LEARN
- Sewing machine basics, and how to operate the sewing machine
- Hand sewing techniques, learn important hand stitches
- Tools of the trade
- Major fundamental techniques
- Sewing terminology
- Seams and stitches
- How to use and read a pattern
- Discover the great resources of Manhattan's garment district
Hourly rates are between $38-$42.50 depending upon which package you purchase. The more classes you buy the more you'll save. Rates based on single class rate of $88. No single classes offered. All Classes are 1 hour and 55 minutes.
|3 classes = $255||6 classes = $486|
|8 classes = $616||10 classes = $760|
* Sorry, there are no refunds
►►To sign up, email email@example.com
** Saturday,11am, for make-ups only.